Pages

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Becoming like what we Love: My Dreams

It's interesting, how we become more like that which we love. It is true, that where you invest your love, is where you invest your life. That's exactly why you have to be aware where you invest your love, and if where you are investing your love is exactly where you 'should' be 'investing' it.
I want to invest my life in loving God, He must be first. Second, I would like to love others as he would have me, and thirdly I would like to be creative & do creative things to glory Him, honor Him, encourage/inspire others, and also just for healthy recreation.
But I pray that in everything I do in my life, that firstly it is a love for God and God's love for me, that stirs me to do what I do, and 'motivates' me. Anything else would be positively a waste of my life.
I would like to live life always in the presence and constant realization of the presence of God; that everywhere I go, whether I'm on city streets, or country roads, that wherever I may be, and whomever I am with, that God would be there.
That wherever I am, and whoever is there; I may still do whatever I do in the 'presence' of God, and for the 'glory' of God. I don't want to live life without Him.
I want to be able to walk constantly in the creativity and inspiration of God. I desire this more than anything else for my future path. It would be totally amazing to live spontaneously like an artist, and yet always do what I do for a reason beyond myself, an audience, or a career. I've felt like I would never be able to do this though, without some other special person that God has planned for me. Because I can be a quieter/thoughtful person "until" I come into contact with another person, and than I can be inspired beyond words. That's one reason I always figured I needed 'someone else', or other 'Christ inspired'/ creative people, and I'm still convinced that that would be amazing...but God is also showing me something else, that I can do things I hadn't thought I could...yet still, I usually only do them when I am inspired by another perosn...when I realized this, I got a little scared, because I always wanted and thought God was my inspiration/motivation. Maybe after all, I do have some 'blood of an artist' in me, something I hadn't thought I had before. God knows I want to love Him 'first' and always be inspired by 'Him' first of all, but in order to reach others in my life, perhaps God is showing me something else; and that is: the reality of 'being human'. That might seem crazy I know. Everyone should know what it means to be human...well, maybe.. I just never really considered myself as closely related to humanity, in the past... and how in the world would I have been able to reach others in my life for Christ? if I couldn't 'personally' relate to humanity? I guess God has just been balancing me out. I just hope and pray that I will always keep God first, and that I will never be inspired in the same way I am inspired by Him, by someone or something else.
God please watch over me, lead me constantly, guard me consistently, and prepare my paths according to Your will. Teach me what I must learn. God I know that we all become like that which we love, God please steal away my heart...sneak into my Heart more and more Matter of fact, invade, I don't mind, really, "invade".
Let me discover you more and more each day.




2 comments:

  1. Wow this is powerful heart felt post. I have found that if you choose to see things through a Christian worldview God will use things that you read and things that happen in life to inspire your art and your daily walk with Him.

    ReplyDelete